Wednesday 17 June 2015

LIFE II JUMPING THE BUS.


         From the first He was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.- John 1:1.

    Hey,
       I am sure by the title of this post, you think I actually jumped a bus (lol), no I didn't instead, I decided to do something last week Friday which was quite challenging and fun for me as a first-timer. I took public transport on my own. Yh, I know most of you will be wondering why its a big deal for me but yes it is, quite everyone that knew me would wonder why I did it. Just felt like taking a challenge, considering I usually get car-sick, so I don't know my way around that much (usually sleep in the car)

      So I decided to dress lowkey because I was going to the mall and I have heard a lot about people of the world when it comes to taking public transport (robberies, scam and all). Got all the information I needed to get to the mall (ICM). I stay at Ikorodu, so you can't get a direct BRT/Bus to Ikeja. Took a bus from Garage to Ketu, after much wasting time from the driver because he wanted to get the bus full, we started but shortly after, the bus had a breakdown on the way. We were so pissed, after wasting our time before starting , now your vehicle broke-down in the middle of the road. I was lucky to find a BRT bus just about to taking-off and not yet full, boarded it and saved my #100 (we passengers didn't pay the driver his money after wasting our time, so my money was saved). Getting to Ketu from the BRT, found out that there was no bus going to Ikeja, had to get a vehicle for #50 going to Ojota, to get to Ikeja.
 
      Getting to Ojota, I had to start looking for the garage but got it through help from people, got a bus going to Ikeja for #100, an interesting crew it was in the bus. Was dropped off at Ikeja garage, where i boarded another bus to ICM for #50. *whew!* finally got to ICM, the humans I was to meet there weren't there yet, so I decided to do some shopping. I watched The Avengers (The Age of Ultron) , (yh, I am stale , I accept -__- ). It was very interesting and I am sure Bruce isn't dead, bruh can't die just like that.

   After 2 hrs, decided to go home, because Ikorodu's traffic ain't beans. Didn't see a bus going to Ojota or Ikorodu, decided to take a bus going to CMS (I know that's very ridiculous, but i wanted to see more of Lagos and I know how to get a bus from there :p). Got to CMS, and found a BRT bus easily going to Ikorodu and I was relaxed.Transport wasn't expensive like I thought it would be. Got home safely. Thank God!! Ended my day with learning the Nae Nae and Whip dance.

     I learnt a lot of things on this my little journey:
- People of the world are not as bad as people make them see: I went on this journey with quite a fear considering things I have heard, Prayed to get back home and no robbery and all. Got help from a lot of people I wouldn't have thought would, and made quite a few friends. It was worth all the risk.
- Lagos is a Beautiful Place with Beautiful People.
- This is something I would like to do again, especially ajebutter (tush kids) like me need to try this.
          Yh, so you could see I had an exciting day.
     I would like to hear of your experiences on your first bus experience or any.

                                                                                                                          Take Care,
                                                                                                                                  MW.

2 comments:

  1. This bus experience is the story of my life. It was so hard for me too. To get from Ikorodu garage to icm, wasn't funny at all. Almost got lost.
    But I made it after some like 3 hours. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You serious?! Sure you learnt something. Welcome to Lagos :)

      Delete